Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Having Two Kids

I'm still trying to get used to life with the little one.

I feel a little guilty towards him because all this while, I have not been giving him my fullest attention. The past two weeks, I was simply too tired to deal with him, and I pushed everything to the confinement nanny.

He's three weeks plus now. I started interacting with him more in the morning, when Emma was away at school. When she comes back, it is Jie Jie Time. I could sense that she's starting to get jealous of Didi now that the novelty of having a new brother has worn off.

I'm a bit half hearted about pumping milk and latching right now actually. It's really tiring. When I'm tired and want to nap, I glance at the clock and... I'm due to pump milk soon again. And so the cycle repeats. Argh! I'm only holding on for the fact that I'm saving money on milk powder.

All this goodness in breastmilk stuff, sorry, I don't buy it. I was brought up on milk powder and I'm still fit as a bull. And not that stupid. Well, perhaps if I were brought up on breastmilk I could have been CY's classmate in Stanford.. but.. so what? I'm surviving still.

Argh. I really need more motivation to provide this "liquid gold" to Julian!

Back to my darling Julian, I finally saw him smile today! And many times too :)




Not forgetting my dearest Emma who never fails to brighten my days!





No comments:

Post a Comment