Monday, 17 March 2014

Emma is 20 months old!

Em is 20 month old!

She has developed so much in just a few months.

She loves to read!

She has this mini boxset of Dr Seuss books, and it has become a nightly routine to read all five books before she relents and goes to sleep. Sometimes we have to repeat the books another one or two times.

"A bear on a chair.
No, don't sit there!"

"One fish, two fish.
Red fish, blue fish."

"Round spots hung out to dry,
Round bubbles in the sky,
A round ball, kicked up high."

I could memorise most of them already. And amazingly, Em could too! In fact, sometimes I would forget what comes next, and she would be able to remind me! She really never fails to amaze me.

Em's linguistic skill has picked up quite a bit since I last blogged about her development. She's able to form two to three-word sentences that make sense, like "Emma sits here." etc.  She's able to add an adjective (mostly colours) to what she's saying, like "blue car" etc.

She has moved on from merely saying lexical words to functional ones. She knows the difference between "here" and "there". I think. She knows "mine" and "yours".

We have successfully weaned her off her night feeds. Tried about 2 or 3 weeks ago. She cried for only a night or two and was ok after that. She's still waking up but only asking for milk occasionally. I wouldn't give in and she would stop crying after I hugged her.

She has also learnt to self-feed. Messy, yes, but she's alright with putting her bib on, so it's still not so bad.

My darling is entering her Terrible Twos stage I think. Sometimes she can be such an angel,  a little imp at others. She made me so angry at times that I really felt like tearing my hair out.

Look at how she disturbs her great grandma. She could be playing happily in the room and when she hears her 太嬷 approaching, she will rush out to the living room and take over the chairs so her 太嫲 can't sit on them.



My naughty, impish little darling. How I love her so!





Happy 20 months old, my dear little one. May you stay happy all the time, and the same old words, blossom into one fine lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment