Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Fever Struck!

Brought Em for her last vaccination yesterday morning, the 5-in-1 booster.  It was a locum doctor, and she seemed very impressed when she saw that Em could walk up and down small steps without assistance.  Granted, she thought Em was only 18 months old, though I did correct her after that.

Everything was fine,  till the middle of the night. When I touched her, her whole body was hot. Took her temperature, 38.6 degrees. Didn't want to disturb her sleep, so simply let her drink some water and switched the air conditioning on.

This morning, her temperature was 38.1 degrees. I was given packs of sample oils in the Young Living starter kit, so took out Peppermint. Diluted it and applied on her feet. After 15 min, I took her temperature and it was 37.8 degrees!  I also diluted Lavender and rubbed into her back.

Went for breakfast and when we came back, I checked her temperature. It had dropped to 37.1 degrees. No more fever!

Should I be amazed?

Digress a bit, my California Baby package is finally here. But I've no use for it anymore,  cos Em's rashes have all cleared up!



No comments:

Post a Comment