Today we did not have to take our breakfast with my in-laws, so I went to google for brunch places in the area excitedly.
Decided on Cafe Melba and informed CY about my decision. He asked me grumpily why "go for breakfast also so troublesome". Tsk!
As he was preparing, I also started to feel lazy while lying in bed to wait. Was considering if I should just settle for the usual fare - Old Airport Lor Mee, Parkway Ya Kun, Singpost KFC, Kallang Macdonald or East Coast Roti Prata or Old Town.
In the end, decided to stick to the original plan and I'm glad we did.
Cafe Melba is situated in Goodman Art Centre. The place seems to be a hit with the expat families and their toddlers. There is a big patch of green that Em could run on. There is also a bouncy castle that Em was not really game enough to try.
We ordered the Full Melba Cooked Breakfast ($25), Pancakes ($16) and Earl Grey tea by TWG ($7). The waiter served us English Breakfast instead, and when he heard us discussing if we had ordered the wrong one, he told us it was Earl Grey and he had said wrongly. Well, after tasting, it was English Breakfast indeed.
Food-wise, the Cooked Breakfast was pretty normal, but I like the pancakes. Very fluffy and soft, and best of all, served with clotted cream!
Service-wise, not so efficient in our opinion. Besides the slight cock-up mentioned earlier, the same server did not return to give us another cup when I asked for it. Had to ask twice for a second helping of clotted cream. The second time I asked, he gave us the excuse that the staff was still preparing. I just wondered how long it would take to get the cream. I'm sure they do not have to prepare from scratch! When Em dropped her fork and we asked for another one, the server thought for a while and gave us a disposable one. Come on, I mean, what's so bad about having to wash a fork, amongst the other dishes? And lastly, when we asked for the bill, well, we should have expected it, it didn't come, so CY had to head straight to the counter. And he took a long time to return too.







No comments:
Post a Comment