Saturday, 26 April 2014

Preparing For Little One Part 1

As you already knew..

... We are expecting another little one in July. His EDD is just one day before his Jie Jie, but I have a feeling he may choose to come out earlier. We planned for this baby, but the date is purely coincidental.

We have bought a new Pigeon sterilizer for him. Even though the old one was working just fine, we decided to get one for our new place. The bundle set was about $139.

We got a Medela Swing Maxi bundle set ($499). Will still be using the old hand-me down PISA from CY's cousin at home. The new set is for me to lug around, and for me to use when I return to work. I don't know if I'm the rough one, but my Unimom Allegro died on me after about 4 months of usage, while the Avent manual one was spoilt after less than 3 months. Only the PISA served me well, so now I only have confidence in Medela. Still on the lookout for a manual pump, but will only get one if the funnel size is not fixed. Bought the Medela accessories from Amazon and thankfully CY's colleague agreed to bring the stuff back for us, so we could save on the shipping. Extra tubings for both pumps, extra breast shields, ice pack and membranes, all for US$130.

I got a new Ergo carrier as I've returned the old carriers to my sis-in-law, who had passed them on to someone else. Got it at a discounted price of $140 from a fellow July mummy. Got the design in Night Sky, cos that attracted me, but recently Serene (who got herself an Ergo too, based on my recommendation) mentioned black may be too warm. Oh man, I did not consider that. Oh well, guess mostly we will be going to air conditioned places (think shopping malls) so it shouldn't matter. Will probably place him in the stroller if we are going to places like the zoo.

Thinking of getting another stroller as Emma is still using her Combi Miracle Turn now. Still deciding if we should get a new Combi for Didi, or to get a Maclaren Quest or Maclaren Triumph for Jiejie and let Didi use the old Combi.

Having a baby is not cheap huh. Having another one seems to be twice the expense man.

No comments:

Post a Comment