Sunday, 18 May 2014

Music Lessons

I'm pretty keen to start Emma on some music enrichment class when she turns 2.
So far, I've checked out 3 music schools.

Yamaha's Apple Course.


Not so sure how much the registration fee is for this, and the materials cost too. One thing is, they only do 3 sessions per month, and 40 minutes per session. So it works out to be about $30 per session of 40 minutes.

Music For Young Children Singapore. 

Sunrise program comprises 3 terms, namely Sunrise 1, 2 and 3.  10 weeks for each term, 45 minutes per session. Different book materials and music concept are introduced to each term.   

The fee structure of Sunrise program is  :
Term
No of Lessons
CourseFee
Material & PDF Fee
Total
1
10 (L1- L10)
$290
$110
$400
2
10 (L1- L10)
$290
$110
$400
3
10 (L1- L10)
$290
$110
$400


Notes : 
1. $120 refundable deposit $30 registration fee are required upon enrollment. 
2. $120 deposit will be fully refunded to the parents provided 4 lessons in advance notice is served.

Kei sent Mandy and Barry to the Sembawang branch and she has only raves for it. I think the reviews for the Thomson/Orchard branches are not bad too. Thing is, I'm thinking of sending Emma to the Jurong East or East Coast branch, if I should really enrol her in this school, and so far I haven't read any reviews for them.

For MYC Jurong, the course fee is $290 for 10 sessions of 45 minutes, working out to be $29 per session of 45 minutes. Seems to be cheaper than Yamaha. 

The fee for MYC East Coast is higher at $350 for 10 sessions, which is $35 per session. I wonder why the difference in the fees huh. 

Kawai Music School's Toddler's Inc Music Station

First time payment: $337.05 (Guess this includes the registration fee)
Course fees: $299.60/term

If I didn't remember wrongly, materials are included in the fees. This works out to be about $30 per session of 45 minutes.

So the rates in increasing order would be MYC Jurong, Kawai, Yamaha, MYC Thomson. 

Hmm.. so likely, I'll be sending her to MYC Jurong. Hopefully there'll be a class opened when she's 27 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment